I recently found out that I can make my own homemade gummies with just a couple ingredients and some silicone candy molds.
All you need is a box of Jell-O, 2 packets of Gelatine, a mold and some water.
I found this heart shaped mold at Target in the Dollar Spot area. I paid $3 for 2 of them. They are supposed to be ice cube trays, but I knew I would find something a little more creative to use them for such as these SUPER EASY Homemade Gummy Hearts!
I made two batches using watermelon Jell-O which made pink hearts and cherry Jell-O which made bright red hearts.
Everyone liked them, but I personally think they could be a bit more flavorful. So I am planning to try this recipe again using 100% fruit juice instead of water and will let you know how that goes.
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 - 3 oz box of Jell-O
- 2 - ¼ oz envelopes of Gelatine
- Add ⅓ cup of water to a small saucepan.
- Empty 2 envelopes of Gelatine to the pan.
- Add the box of flavored Jell-O to the pan.
- Mix it all together and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Now stir constantly for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat until you see it starting to get sticky on the sides.
- I poured the liquid into a small measuring cup with a pouring spout before pouring into the molds to save a mess.
- Let them site in the molds for about 30 minutes (I waited a bit longer but they were ready after 30 minutes.)
- Now just pop them out. Don't worry about breaking them because they are pretty sturdy.
I can’t wait to try these with fruit juice next!
I found a bunch of silicone candy molds that would be perfect for this recipe!
Here are some more favorite recipes: