With just a few simple ingredients you can create this in the convenience of your own home for a fraction of the cost.
Learning how to make copycat versions of your favorite food at home is a great way to save money and still be able to enjoy all your favorite foods.
If you are short on time you might want to give the Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice a try instead.
It’s basically the same exact lime rice recipe made in just minutes using a pressure cooker.
How to Make the Best Cilantro Lime Rice
Once you have all of the ingredients gathered, it is super easy to whip up this rice side dish.
Gather these ingredients to make your Cilantro Lime Rice.
Then scroll down for full Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients:
- Basmati Rice
- Vegetable Oil
- Bay Leaf
- Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Rinse rice until water runs clear.
Saute rice in oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add bay leaf and water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Turn off heat and let rice sit covered for 15 minutes.
Mix salt and lime juice until salt is dissolved.
Remove bay leaf from rice.
Spread juice mixture and cilantro over rice and fluff with fork to distribute.
You could really use any rice you have on hand to make cilantro lime rice. Although using a different kind of rice won’t change the flavor, it might change the texture of the dish.
If you are short on time you can always make this in your pressure cooker using this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice recipe instead.
Yes. You can store leftover rice in an airtight freezer safe container for up to three months.
If you love this cilantro lime recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- Copycat Chipotle Barbacoa & Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Instant Pot Recipe
Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp finely chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp of Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Saute rice in oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add bay leaf and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and let rice sit covered for 15 minutes.
- Mix salt and lime juice until salt is dissolved.
- Remove bay leaf from rice.
- Spread juice mixture and cilantro over rice and fluff with fork to distribute.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.