Thank you for taking the time to learn a little more about me.
My name is Kristie and I have been happily married for over 20 years to my best friend.
We are the parents of two amazing adult kids and the most adorable grandson.
We are a former homeschool family that recently graduated our last student a couple years ago.
Rounding out this crazy mix are our furbabies which include a mini Doxie named Copper, our Aussie named Molly and our cat Luna.
I love the world of blogging and have made so many friends and opportunities because of it.
How it all began
When I began my married life, I was clueless about money and how it worked.
It is not secret to those of you who have been reading this blog for a while that I didn’t start off living the way I am today.
Both my husband and I have fought to crawl out of a pit of debt. I know exactly how it feels to cringe every time the phone rings because the likelihood that it will be a bill collector is so high, you know it really is the only time your phone rings anymore.
I used to turn my ringer off just so I could go a whole day without being reminded that I had gotten myself into what I thought was a complete an utterly hopeless situation
We took some drastic measures, which really is all you can do when you find yourself so low.
Since then I found that I have much more control over my own life than I ever thought I did before choosing to live intentionally.
I found that we could live on very little which makes things so much easier around here. How little could you really, truly live on a month?
Most importantly I found others who were searching for a way out of their situations too who have chosen to join me on this journey and I can’t express how thankful I am for each one of you who have stuck with me through it all.
I have been blogging for a many years, Saving Dollars and Sense has been my home since 2007.
This is my little spot on the web where I can voice my opinions on the things that matter to me. I am passionate about a couple of things. The Lord, my family, learning to live on less and helping to empower others to do the same.
I do not claim to be an expert, but I have learned a few things on this journey and I enjoy being able to share these things with anyone that will listen. Thankfully, many of you have joined me on this journey to live an abundant life within our means as well.
On Saving Dollars and Sense I write about several things including money saving tips, healthy living, recipes, menu planning, homeschooling, parenting, my faith, freebies, and deals to name a few.
You’ll also occasionally find reviews of the products I’ve used and want to share with my readers as well as some great giveaways too!
- My favorite color is green. No specific shade, I pretty much like them all.
- My middle name is Lynn. Kristie Lynn, that’s me!
- I have a tattoo and will never have another one. I prefer piercings
- I’m a hopeless klutz. My family thinks it is totally normal for me to trip and fall over nothing at all.
- I’ve never been good at sports, unless skee ball counts? I think the klutz in me makes it impossible.
- I’ve been married for 18 years, to the same man since I was 20 years old. And I still would rather spend my time with him over anyone else in the world <3
- I have a real bug collection that I said I was starting for my kids but they really never much cared about it.
- I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and I believe most things have a deeper hidden meaning which can make those around me a little crazy. It can make me even crazier!
- I love singing in my car and probably look like a lunatic to all those who might see me doing so, but I don’t care. I sound the best when I am alone, cruising with the windows down and the radio really, really loud.
- I LOVE playing in the dirt! There is something so satisfying about watching something grow that you’ve planted. I usually have dirt under my nails because I really don’t like garden gloves.
- I am an Irish girl. My heart swells whenever I hear Celtic music.
- I dream of one day traveling to Ireland.
- The same is true for Africa. I have felt the calling for many years now and just know one day I will go.
- I grew up in Detroit. The real Detroit, not the outer suburbs, and I survived! In fact I think it made me a better person.
- My husband and I bought our first home at 20 years old.
- I love real books, forget eBooks. I need to physically hold them and be able to dog ear the corners. It may sound strange but I feel an emotional connection to each story I read.
- I LOVE cheese and I really don’t discriminate. I love them all!
- I became a mom for the first time when I was 16 years old and I almost died.
- I hate chewing gum.
- I hope to write a book one day, once I figure out which story I am supposed to tell. Until then I share bits and pieces of it here.
- I cannot whistle. I’ve tried, people have tried to teach me. I just cannot get it.
- My childhood was a little unstable. I moved so many times before I got to middle school that I lost track of how many schools I attended during the elementary years.
- I still love to play in the rain as long as it is warm outside.
- My blood type is O-Negative which I am told is kind of rare.
- I LOVE a good thunderstorm. One of the reasons I wanted to buy this house is because the porch is big enough to sit on during a storm without getting rained on.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Little House on the Prairie.
- The older I get, the more I realize that I am a hippy at heart.
- I have brown eyes which I love although I spent most of my childhood wishing I had blue eyes like my sister.
- I’ve never felt like I really fit in.
- I had to call my mom recently to ask how old I was going to be today because I really forgot!
- I’ve been known to use my kitchen table as my desk for several weeks simply because my real desk is so covered with stuff it is impossible to work at.
- My favorite comfort food is a cup of graham crackers filled with milk.
- I’ve been known to cry during commercials.
- I’ve homeschooled for 12 years. We graduated our daughter and son and I say Don’t Homeschool Your Kids!
- I hate being late and married a man who is notorious for being late which has proven to be very challenging for me.
- I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen my biological father in real life.
- I survived more than one cancer scare recently.
If you still have questions regarding Saving Dollars and Sense, please feel free to contact me.
You can also email me at krsawicki(at)yahoo(dot)com.
You can subscribe to Saving Dollars and Sense for FREE and never miss a single deal, contest, or freebie! It’s your choice, you can receive updates in your email inbox by signing up here, or you can read Saving Dollars and Sense in its entirety through a feed reader by signing up here.