I made pumpkin cheese bread for the first time last fall following this recipe here loosely and my family loved it!
This particular recipe makes 2 loaves of bread (which I love because you can eat one now and freeze one for next week). However, I still have not unpacked all of our kitchenware so I could not locate my bread pans.
I wasn’t about to let that stop me from making a batch of this yummy goodness, so I just decided to make it in a cake pan.
So “technically” I suppose this would be pumpkin cheesecake. call it whatever you like, it is good and you and your family will be so glad you made it!
I plan to make it again as soon as I figure out which box has my bread pans.
Pumpkin Cheese Bread Recipe
- Filling Mixture
- 1 package 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bread Mixture
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup s pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Glaze Mixture
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla.
- In another large bowl, blend 1 2/3 cup flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, canola oil, eggs and sugar; beat well.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter layers in each loaf pan and then spoon or pour on the remaining pumpkin batter (it doesn’t need to completely cover)
- Take a knife and swirl it around in these two top layers to mix slightly for marbling effect
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Mix your cinnamon glaze ingredients together & drizzle on top of the bread.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.