I had a little ham leftover and nobody wanted to finish it, seems everyone was all hammed out. So I had two choices, cube the rest and freeze it or try to come up with one more meal. Thankfully the one I chose turned out to be two more meals in one!
I had planned to try out this cheesy potato casserole on Christmas Day but forgot all about it and it never got made. Trust me we had SO much other food in the house that noone even missed it, and it turned out to be a good thing that I didn’t make it because I was able to make several days later, adding in the cubed ham and it was a hit last night for dinner!
I was thrilled to have pulled off a meal my husband approved of, and he asked for more of it this morning for breakfast! So this is one of those meals that can be stretched into two meals. I probably could have added some eggs to the meal this morning but I didn’t and it was just as good.
The recipe was SO easy!
I just cut up the leftover ham and added it to the Cheesy Potato recipe from the back of the Ore Ida Frozen Hash Browns bag and left out the cereal topping.
Cheesy Ham & Potato Breakfast/Dinner Casserole
- 1 Bag Hash Browns thawed
- 1 cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cups sour cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 Cup green onions sliced
- Cubed Leftover Ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in ham, cheese, onion and Hash Browns until well mixed.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.