Ever since my first successful experience with Freezer Cooking that I did here, I have been doing a much better job of keeping up with dinner as well as meals throughout the day.
The number one thing that I have really appreciated knowing I already had in the freezer was our burritos!
My days are flying at warp speed just as I thought they would, and I like to offer my family homemade goodness as often as is possible.
I love knowing that no matter how little time we might have at home, my son can grab a burrito from the fridge, unwrap it, and cook in the microwave for a minute and have a homemade meal!
I promised I would share this recipe the other day, so here it is.
Homemade Frozen Burritos
- Hamburger – I used 5 pounds
- 2 small cans of Refried Beans – 2 Cans
- 1 Cup of Salsa
- I packet of Taco Seasoning
- 4 cups of Cheese
- 3 Packages of Tortillas
- Prepare the meat Filling
- Brown all of the hamburger in a large pan until cooked through.
- Drain grease and placed hamburger in a new pot.
- Add refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning to the pot and mix well while heating on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Make Burritos
- Place a couple spoonfuls of the meat mixture on a tortilla and sprinkle with a bit of cheese.
- Fold one side inward to seal one end, and then roll burrito the rest of the way.
- Wrap each burrito in foil and add to a freezer bag.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
*NOTE: Please remember to remove the foil before placing in the microwave. I cook mine for 1 minute and then turn the burrito and cook for another 25 seconds.
Add a little sour cream and salsa to your plate for a meal everyone will love.