This old fashioned Recipe for Gingersnap Cookies is a Christmas cookie classic.
This ginger snap cookie is the perfect choice for the holidays and would be a great one to make for your next Cookie Exchange Party!
You should be able to get about 60 gingersnap cookies with frosting out of this recipe.
Gather these ingredients to make your Gingersnap cookies.
Then scroll down for full Gingersnap Cookies Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Frosted Gingersnap Cookies Ingredients
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour chill time
Bake Time: 10 minutes or lightly browned
- Butter, softened
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Frosting: you can use any canned cake frosting or homemade buttercream frosting
stand mixer with dough hook
How to Make Gingersnap Cookies
Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined.
Mix in eggs, molasses, and vinegar.
Sift together flour, spices, and baking soda and add to butter mixture.
Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
Roll dough on a floured board, ¼ inch thick.
Cut shapes with cookie cutters.
Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned
Cool on a wire rack and pipe frosting.
These cookies taste great with coffee and are perfect for the holiday season. They have just the right amount icing so they aren’t too sweet and don’t take away from that classic crisp cookie texture that gingersnaps are known for.
Grab your FREE Christmas Cookie Recipe book today!
- stand mixer with dough hook
- cookie cutters
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Mix in eggs, mollases, and vinegar.
- Sift together flour, spices, and baking soda and add to butter mixture.
- Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and refridgerate at least one hour.
- Roll dough on a floured board, ¼ inch thick.
- Cut shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned
- Cool on a wire rack and pipe frosting.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.