If you have ever tried the Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice recipe that I shared here with you a while ago then you’ll be happy to learn about this new Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice recipe that will save you so much more time compared to the original.
It really is such a simple recipe to make that always reminds me of the warmer weather.
Since it is slowly warmer up around here again I thought I would share our latest Instant Pot version so that you can spend less time cooking in the kitchen and more time enjoy more time outdoors.
If you are looking for a complete dinner idea, try this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice recipe.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice takes a fraction of the time to make, and since you are using the Instant Pot instead of your stove top you won’t be heating up the kitchen on those days when you would rather it stay cool inside.
Gather these ingredients to make your Cilantro Lime Rice.
Then scroll down for full Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients
- Basmati Rice
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaf
- Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Place 1 Tablespoon olive oil in the Instant Pot and select “saute” setting.
This is the Instant Pot I have used several times a week and still love.
Rinse rice until water runs clear and then add to the Instant Pot.
Saute rice for 3 minutes, then turn off saute setting.
Add bay leaf and water to the pot.
Secure lid and select “manual setting” for 10 minutes.
Natural or quick release, remove bay leaf, then stir in lime juice, salt and cilantro.
It really is such a simple recipe and yet so packed full of flavor!
Check out some other delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
- Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Dinner
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp finely chopped Cilantro plus additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp of Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 lime sliced
- Place 1 Tablespoon olive oil in the Instant Pot and select “saute” setting.
- Rinse rice until water runs clear and then add to the Instant Pot.
- Saute rice for 3 minutes, then turn off saute setting.
- Add bay leaf and water to the pot.
- Secure lid and select “manual setting” for 10 minutes.
- Natural or quick release, remove bay leaf, then stir in lime juice, salt and cilantro.