This Bee Craft Card is so easy and fun to make using the bee printable, scissors and glue.
I just love these adorable mini Valentine’s and think they’d go great with this fun Valentine’s Day Craft too!
Free Bumble Bee Craft Template
This bee card is perfect for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Or just simply to say hey anytime you want to brighten up someone else’s day!
It’s also a fun DIY craft for your toddler or preschooler to exercise their fine motor skills.
If they don’t have strong scissor skills, just make sure that you are the one doing the cutting to be on the safe side.
Supplies Needed to Make Your Bee Card
You only need to gather a few supplies to prep for this craft, and you likely already have most of these supplies on hand.
Make sure to print the printable bee parts – Click Here to get the free bee printable
This super cute bumble bee craft is a blast to make during the summer months too, while all kinds of bugs and insects like butterflies and bumblebees are fying about!
It’s such a fun way to learn about bees.
How to Make Your Valentine’s Day Bee Card
Once you have gathered all of the supplies you will need to make your bee card, just follow each of the instructions in the tutorial below.
Select yellow paper for the bee’s body and select black craft paper for the stripes, stinger and antenna.
Select any colored craft paper you want for the rest of the patterns (the heart card, wings).
Trace the provided template patterns on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely. You can use the eye templates as they are.
Click here to get the Printable Bee Parts and cut out all of the printables.
You can keep the wings plain and simple or you can add a border like you see in this bee craft.
Grab the black stripes and attach them on the lower part of the bee base. Keep gap between each of the stripes.
Attach the wings on both sides of the bee base and attach the stinger on the bottom side of the base.
Attach the antenna on the top side of the bee base, coming out of the bee’s head.
Attach the eyes on the head part of the bee base.
You could also use googly eyes like these ones to make this a more 3D kind of craft.
Now grab the double heart pattern and fold the pattern into half along the joint line of the 2 hearts.
Attach any one heart to the bee base and keeping the other part of the double heart free.
Write down your message on the heart card.
Your message can be tailored to make the card work for any holiday, birthdays or occasion.
Once you are done writing down the message close the heart card.
How adorable are these finished mini honey bee cards!
More Bee Crafts
- Bee Paper Bag Puppet – Let your kids put on their own puppet show with these adorable little bees! All you need are some basic supplies and a few minutes to create this craft.
- Rock Bees – You can make these adorable rock bees for your garden or to use as a cute little paperweight for your desk. Throw a magnet on the back of them and now you have a cute magnet for your fridge!
- Paper Plate Bee – This is a simple craft for toddlers and preschoolers to make.
- Twirling Bees – Adorable spinning bees for your garden made from duct tape!
- Cork Honey Bee – This craft is so simple and is a great way to repurpose those wine corks!
- Cardboard Tube Bee – This is a simple craft kids will have fun making.
- Handprint Bee Craft – I love how adorable this handprint craft is!