I tried a new zucchini recipe the other day and it was Ah-maze-ing!
Seriously this Cranberry Zucchini Bread is a hit at my house were there were a few scoffers who thought there was no way zucchini would taste good in bread. After all, it IS a vegetable you know 😉
Anyway, everyone loved it so much that we gobbled it right up. I had to put a couple pieces in baggies and hide it for my hubby’s lunch otherwise there would have been none left.
We were saddened to see all of it was gone, and my husband asked if I could make more. Unfortunately I only had one bag of dried cranberries, enough to make one loaf of Zucchini Cranberry Bread.
Last night we made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up pickling spices and canning salt and what did my eyes spot on the clearance rack?
THREE bags of dried cranberries marked down!!
Of course I grabbed all three bags and plan to whip up a few more batches today. I’ll probably stick 2 loaves in the freezer, but my family is patiently awaiting another batch too!
The ingredients are pretty simple. Basically everything a well stocked pantry should have anyway, except for the dried cranberries and zuchinni of course.
Once you have baked your Cranberry Zucchini Bread, make sure to let it cool completely before you move onto the next step which is adding the glaze.
Once your bread has cooled, whisk up the glaze and spread it across the top.
Cranberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Add dried cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- stir the zucchini mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into bread pan and bake for 40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Cool completely.
- How to make the glaze: Stir confectioners sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon milk together until creamy.
- Once bread has finished cooling, spread glaze on top and ENJOY!
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.