This Spinach Egg Casserole Recipe is the perfect breakfast to start off your day.
There’s nothing quite like a delicious homemade casserole to fill your tummy full of good energy and great ingredients!
If you like this recipe, make certain to check out our Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe as well!
Bacon and Spinach Egg Casserole
Casseroles for breakfast are just great.
And honestly, you can make them up and really eat them for whatever meal that you want.
I often find that when I cook up a casserole for breakfast, I’ll reheat it later on in time for a nice lunch, dinner, or snack as well.
This delicious egg casserole recipe is not your typical casserole. It’s chocked full of great ingredients that add a ton of nutrition and flavor!
One bite of this casserole recipe and you’ll never think about a boring bowl of cereal ever again!
Gather these ingredients to make your Egg Casserole.
Then scroll down for full Egg Casserole Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Ingredients needed for homemade egg casserole
- Minced garlic
- Artichoke hearts
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Diced tomatoes for garnish
- Diced fresh basil for garnish
How to make a homemade egg casserole for breakfast
Pre-heat the oven to 350′ degrees.
Using a large skillet add your olive oil on high heat.
Now add your onions and cook until tender and then add your garlic cook until tender about 5 minutes total.
Add your spinach and lightly toss until the spinach is wilted.
Now add your artichoke hearts, chopped crispy bacon, and crushed red pepper.
Spray your baking pan or glass dish with non-sticking spray.
Pour your mixture into your pan.
Add 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan.
In a large bowl add your eggs, skim milk.
Whisk well to combine.
Pour your egg mixture over your vegetable mix.
Top with the remainder of the cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this breakfast casserole, you might enjoy these recipes as well:
- Old Fashioned Egg Custard Recipe
- Cajun Potato Andouille Skillet
- Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 10 large Eggs
- 1 cup chopped Bacon
- 6 cups of Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- diced tomatoes for garnish
- diced fresh basil for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350′ degrees.
- Using a large skillet add your olive oil on high heat.
- Now add your onions and cook until tender and then add your garlic cook until tender about 5 minutes total.
- Add your spinach and lightly toss until the spinach is wilted.
- Now add your artichoke hearts, chopped crispy bacon, and crushed red pepper.
- Spray your baking pan or glass dish with non-sticking spray.
- Pour your mixture into your pan.
- Add 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- In a large bowl add your eggs, skim milk.
- Whisk well to combine.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.