Homemade Candy Bars are super easy to make at home and they taste pretty great too!
When I was a teenager I was in love with Snickers and Whatchamacallit Candy Bars!
Copycat Whatchamacallit Chocolate Candy Bar
I love being able to make my favorite candy bars at home. I recently picked up a Whatchamacallit after missing them for several years and I have a renewed love for them.
My friend Trisha posted a recipe for Snickers Candy Bars and it got me thinking that maybe I could make my own Whatchamacallit candy bars too.
Since I am always looking for ways to make my favorite recipes using ingredients I can pronounce.
I think I have come up with a pretty good homemade version of Whatchamacallit Bars that I am sure you and your family will love too!
Homemade Candy Bars Ingredients
- Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Rice Krispy Cereal
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chocolate Chips
Other tools to make DIY candy Bars
- Parchment Paper
- 13 x 9 Baking Dish
Whatchamacallit Homemade Candy Bars Recipe
Step 1: Tear off a large piece of parchment paper that is long enough to come up the sides about 4 inches and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Add butter, peanut butter and marshmallows to a large pot and cook on low until melted together. Stir until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
Step 3: Add in the rice krispy cereal and stir until well coated.
Step 5: Spoon cereal mixture into bottom of your prepared pan and press down with your fingers.
- Spray cooking spray di onto your hands so that the rice mixture doesn’t stick when you’re pressing it into the pan.
Step 6: In a medium pot, add 2 tbsp heavy cream and the caramels. Cook on medium until melted togheter, stirring continuously.
Step 7: Pour caramel mixture over the layer of rice cereal.
Step 8: In a small saucepan add the heavy cream and sugar and stir until combined well and slightly boiling.
Step 9: Add the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl.
Step 10: Once the heavy whipping cream mixture in the pot is slightly boiling, add to the chocolate chips in the bowl and mix with a whisk until nice and smooth.
Step 11: Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel layer in your pan.
Step 12: Place your pan into the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden completely.
Step 13: Cut with a sharp knife and enjoy!
This recipe makes 18-26 candy bars.
The worst part of this recipe was just how good they are! It proved to be a struggle to maintain any self control as long as these were still in the house.
So I’m thinking I might have to add this recipe to my once in a while list.
Homemade Candy Bars
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 8 C mini marshmallows
- 6 C rice krispy cereal
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz caramels 2 11 oz bags
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- 13 x9 baking dish
- Tear off a large piece of parchment paper that is long enough to come up the sides about 4 inches and spray with pam spray
- Using a large pot, melt butter, peanut butter and marshmallows
- Stir until the marshmallows are melted and smooth
- Add in the rice krispy cereal and stir until well coated.
- Spoon cereal mixture into bottom of prepared pan and press down with your fingers. Spray pam spray onto your hands so that the rice mixture doesnt stick
- In a medium pot, add 2 tbsp heavy cream and the caramels.
- Continuously to stir until melted
- Pour over rice layer
- In a small saucepan add the heavy cream and sugar.
- Stir until combined and slightly boiling
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate chips
- Once the heavy whipping cream mixture in the pot is boiling, pour over chocolate and mix with a whisk until smooth
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel layer.
- Place baking dish into the fridge for 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden
- Cut with a sharp knife and enjoy!
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.