One of my favorite things to do when I find the spare time is looking for fun and simple recipes on Pinterest. Hopefully, we are already friends on Pinterest, but if not you can find me here.
Well, the other day I found this recipe for No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars that sounded just simple enough for me to whip up a quick batch for my guys before they got home from work.
Unfortunately, I managed to misread the directions a little and mine did not turn out the same. They turned out a little more like candy bars to me and I’m thinking of adding them to our holiday baking list this year.
But my son LOVED them all the same and we all gobbled them down quickly!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie Bars
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oatmeal, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine the rest of the chocolate chips, sugar, milk, butter, and salt in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Bring to a full boil (there should be bubbles covering the entire surface) and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the oatmeal mixture and quickly stir to combine until well moistened.
- Press it evenly into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Allow the bars to sit about 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.