Easy Peasy Fairy & Magician Wands Recipe
Today, Jenn from JennsRAQ shares a recipe for FUN!
My kiddos absolutely love to help me in the kitchen. I am always on the look out for easy recipes that they can help with and still use their imaginations. We decided to make fairy wands (for my daughter) and magician wands (for my son). I thought I’d share this easy recipe with you in pictures! (Recipe follows.) I love the simplicity of these and the possibilities are endless on ways to decorate them and have fun.
1 bag pretzel rods
1/4 to 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (you could use any chips you’d like!)
1-2 Tbsp coconut oil (shortening will work too)
sprinkles, candy, or anything else you’d like to decorate with
- Pour chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat until melted on low-medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Once melted, spoon over pretzel rods and place on a wax-paper covered surface (I used a plate).
- While they are still warm, decorate with sprinkles, candies, or whatever you’d like.
- Continue until you run out of pretzels or run out of chocolate sauce.
- Pop in the fridge to quickly harden your Fairy and Magician Wands. Take out to eat and enjoy once they are hard, or about 10 minutes.
Jenn is a stay at home, homeschooling mom to 3 kids under 6. She loves to spend time with friends at playdates and homeschool co-op. When she’s not busy being Mom, she loves to blog on Jenn’s RAQ. You can also connect with her on Twitter @JennsRAQ and on Facebook.