I picked up this Old Fashioned Christmas Candy recipe a couple of years ago and it has become a Christmas tradition to make it every year since.
It is super easy and cheap! They taste a lot like heath bars.
My son loves this recipe for toffee and looks for me to make it for him every year at Christmastime! Have you ever tried this homemade cracker toffee recipe before?
Cracker Toffee Recipe
This Christmas candy recipe is so easy and foolproof.
If you love Heath bars or Skor candy, you’ll love this homemade Heath bar recipe.
It’s not exactly the same, but I actually like like homemade toffee even better!
Homemade Heath Bars ingredients
- Saltine Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
Optional: Holiday themed sprinkles.
How to Make Saltine Cracker Toffee
Step 1: Lay out a layer of saltine crackers in a single layer on your baking sheet.
Step 2: Melt butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
Step 3: Pour melted butter and brown sugar mixture over top of the saltine crackers and bake.
Step 4-5: Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and spread melted chocolate to cover the entire area.
Step 6: Add sprinkles if you’d like and allow to cool completely in the fridge before breaking up into pieces to eat.
Graham Cracker Toffee
You can also use graham crackers instead of saltine crackers for a delicious variation to this old fashioned Christmas candy.
If you like this Christmas recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- Christmas Tree Brownies – Christmas Tree Brownies are a fun and simple treat to make during the holiday season.
- Christmas Smores – So easy for kids to make for themselves and give away.
- Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcakes – The perfect Christmas Dessert Table would have a few different kinds of cupcakes to choose from, some fun candy treats like peppermint bark or fudge and some tried and true Christmas cookies.
Cracker Toffee Recipe
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay crackers out in a single layer. You may have to break some apart to fit right.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over crackers, and spread evenly. You will need to work very quickly, as the mixture will begin to cool.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and spread chocolate evenly.
- Top with Christmas sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once cool, gently break apart into pieces.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.