The holidays are one of the best times to try out some fun new recipes like Reindeer Cupcakes and I am gushing over this adorable Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcake recipe that I am sharing with you today.
I mean seriously how cute are these Rudolph inspired sweets?!
I do not know a child who has not heard the story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at least once in their lifetime. Everyone will be reminded of this old time Christmas story the moment they see these Rudolph cupcakes.
I love making cupcakes for an easy Christmas dessert because it is easy for anyone to walk up to the dessert table and grab whichever one they would like and it does not require anyone to cut or serve anything at all.
The perfect Christmas Dessert Table would have a few different kinds of cupcakes to choose from, some fun candy treats like peppermint bark or fudge and some tried and true Christmas cookies.
I love using cupcake for Christmas because they look great on any dessert table, and these red nosed cupcakes are no exception.
I think that Christmas cupcakes have to be one of my favorite kind of Christmas dessert recipes.
You might even want to try our own Cherry Cordial Cupcakes, which would look so impressive on your holiday party dessert table this year along with some sugar cookies and cherry cordial chocolate candies.
I really love how simple these reindeer cupcakes are to make!
The recipe calls for using a white boxed cake which most people would already have on hand in their food pantry. But if you like to make your own cake mix from scratch, you could totally use your own homemade cake mix recipe as well if you prefer.
If you don’t have a white cake mix at home, just use whichever kind you have. I’m sure they will still turn out looking like Rudolph with the red nose on top!
Reindeer Cupcake Ingredients
- White Cake Mix (and ingredients listed on box)
- Chocolate or Fudge Frosting
- Red “Dots” Candy (Gumdrops work perfectly for this!)
- Cupcake Liners
- Icing Piping Kit (optional)
How to Make Reindeer Cupcakes
Start by preparing your cake batter according to cake box instructions.
Fill your cupcake liners 1/2 of the way full.
Bake cupcakes according to box instructions.
After baking let cool completely.
If you choose to use a icing piping kit, fill your icing bag with your chocolate icing.
Start in the middle of the cupcake working your way out and up with the frosting.
I placed my cupcakes in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow the icing to stiffen up a bit before adding the pretzels.
This helped to keep the icing from sliding off when I added the pretzels and candy noses.
Next add two pretzels to each side of the cupcake for “antlers”.
Add a Gumdrop candy to the top of each cupcake for Rudolph’s red nose.
Serve and enjoy!
Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcake
Super simple Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Cupcake recipe.
- White Cake Mix and ingredients listed on box
- Chocolate or Fudge Icing
- Red "Dots" Candy
- Cupcake Liners
- Icing Pipping Kit optional
- Start by preparing your cake batter according to box instructions.
- Fill your cupcake liners 1/2 of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions.
- After baking let cool completely.
- If you choose to use a icing pipping kit, fill your icing bag with your chocolate icing.
- Start in the middle of the cupcake working your way out and up with the frosting.
- I placed my cupcakes in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow the icing to stiffen up a bit before adding the pretzels. So the icing didn't slide off.
- Next add two pretzels to each side of the cupcake for "antlers".
- Add a Dot candy to the top of each up cake for the "nose".
- Serve and enjoy!
Everyone will be ooohing and ahhhing over how cute these reindeer themed cupcakes are.
Kids young and old will love them too!
More Christmas Desserts
If you want to plan a Christmas Dessert table of your own for your holiday party this year, check out the treats below for more ideas.
Remember you will want to add at least two different cupcake options and a couple of extra sweet holiday treats to make the table really look grand.
I hope your holiday parties are a great success this Christmas season!
I also hope that these Christmas dessert recipes have helped you to come up with the perfect inspiration for a holiday dessert display for your loved ones this year!