I am sharing a super simple Instant Pot Barbecue Sauce Recipe that you can make from scratch in less than half an hour.
It’s officially barbecue season and this BBQ sauce recipe from scratch is sure to add just the right amount of extra flavor that you’ll love.
BBQ Sauce Recipe from Scratch
It’s so easy to make Instant Pot BBQ Sauce Recipe from scratch, Plus I love being more in control of the ingredients in my sauce.
Gather these ingredients to make your BBQ Sauce.
Then scroll down for full Barbecue Sauce Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Instant Pot Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
- Dark brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning
How to Make Barbecue Sauce from Scratch in the Instant Pot
I am always happy to learn of new ways to use my Instant Pot to cook homemade simple recipes, and this recipe is definitely one that will quickly become a family favorite!
Saute onions and celery in Instant Pot for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
Set a manual high-pressure time for 25 minutes.
Do a quick release to let out the pressure.
You can use a hand blender for just a few seconds to make sure the consistency is nice and smooth.
Keep your homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe in glass mason jars and store in the fridge.
These make great gifts too!
Just grab the free printable label and gift tag here.
Instant Pot BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ cups celery chopped
- 1 ½ medium onions chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 ½ cups water
- Saute onions and celery in Instant Pot for 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing.
- Set a manual high-pressure time for 25 minutes.
- Do a quick release to let out the pressure.