I have been making this dessert to take to our big family Easter Gathering for several years now and it never fails to be a special treat that everyone looks forward to! I actually double the recipe to make enough for our gathering.
I am sharing it with you in case you are looking for a super easy to make dessert that everyone will rave about. I promise that you can NOT mess this one up (which is why I love it so much).
Banana Pudding Dessert
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 2 med. bananas, sliced
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 1/2 c. (8 oz.) Cool Whip
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well. Press firmly on bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes. Cool of wire rack.
- Arrange sliced bananas on crust.
- With electric mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup cold milk; blend until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and the pudding mix.
- Beat at low speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Spread evenly over bananas in pan.
- Evenly spoon pineapple over pudding mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over pineapple.
- Chill about 3 hours.
- Garnish with banana slices and chopped nuts (optional)
This takes about 20 minutes to prepare. It is a light and perfectly sweet dessert for Easter and any other spring time gathering! Or if you are in my home, it is THE perfect breakfast on the day after Easter!