I have been making this Banana Pineapple dessert to take to our big family Easter Gathering for several years now.
It never fails to be a special treat that everyone looks forward to!
I actually double the recipe to make enough for our gathering.
Dessert with Crushed Pineapple and Cool Whip
I am sharing my version of Banana Split Cake with you in case you are looking for a super easy to make a dessert that everyone will rave about.
I promise that you can NOT mess this one up, which is just one of the reasons why I love it so much.
If you happen to have any leftover dessert, it will taste amazing the next day for breakfast.
Gather these ingredients needed to make this Banana Pineapple Dessert
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla instant pudding
- Crushed pineapple
- Cool Whip
- Chopped nuts (optional)
Then scroll down for full Banana Pineapple dessert Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
How to Make Banana Pineapple Delight
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well.
Press firmly on bottom of 13 x 9 pan using the backside of a spoon.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Arrange sliced bananas on top of graham cracker crust.
Using an electric mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Gradually add 1/2 cup cold milk; blend until creamy smooth.
Add remaining milk and vanilla pudding mix.
Beat at low speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
Spread evenly over top of the bananas in pan.
Drain juice from crushed pineapple and evenly spoon pineapple over top of the pudding mixture.
Spread whipped topping over the crushed pineapple.
Chill for about 3 hours.
Garnish with fresh banana slices and chopped nuts (optional).
If you like this easy dessert recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
Banana Pineapple Dessert
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter melted
- 2 med. bananas sliced
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 pkg. 6 oz. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can 20 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 1/2 c. 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Chopped nuts optional
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well. Press firmly on bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes. Cool of wire rack.
- Arrange sliced bananas on crust.
- With electric mixer at low speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup cold milk; blend until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and the pudding mix.
- Beat at low speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Spread evenly over bananas in pan.
- Evenly spoon pineapple over pudding mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over pineapple.
- Chill about 3 hours.
- Garnish with banana slices and chopped nuts (optional)
This takes about 20 minutes to prepare. It is a light and perfectly sweet dessert for Easter and any other spring time gathering! Or if you are in my home, it is THE perfect breakfast on the day after Easter!