If you are looking for the very best way to make cinnamon rolls, then skip the oven and pull out your air fryer instead.
This recipe for Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls includes a homemade icing that will take your homemade cinnamon rolls to another level.
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls are always a family favorite, but they can be even better with this recipe upgrade.
These ones are cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer and topped with a super quick and easy homemade cream cheese frosting.
What Makes This Recipe Great
EASY: Wording about the topic.
HOMEMADE ICING: Wording about the topic.
REFRIGERATED ROLLS: Wording about the topic.
- Cream Cheese – this makes the perfect icing for cinnamon rolls and gives this homemade cinnamon roll icing a creamy and delicious texture.
- Vanilla Extract – I like to add vanilla extract because it adds a smooth, rich vanilla flavor that tastes great with cinnamon rolls.
- Butter – For the best results, you’ll want to make sure to use real butter for this recipe.
- Make sure to lay out the cinnamon rolls in your air fryer, giving a little space to allow for them to expand while cooking. You should easily be able to fit 7 around the edge and 1 in the center.
- After four minutes in the air fryer, carefully flip them over. If you don’t flip them, they will be overly brown on top and raw underneath.
- When cinnamon rolls are finished cooking, remove them and place them on a plate to cool for a few minutes before adding the icing over the top of them.
Step 1: Place cinnamon roll into the air fryer, leaving some space between them so they can expand while cooking.
Step 2: Cook on 350 degrees for 8 minutes, flipping them after four minutes.
Step 3: Beat cream cheese and softened butter in a mixing bowl until there are no lumps. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl and continue to beat very well until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
Step 4 – 6: Frost your cinnamon rolls once they have had some time to cool first. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to two months.
Cinnamon rolls can be reheated for 30 seconds in the microwave.
More Recipes to Love
If you like this easy breakfast recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- The Best Biscuit Cinnamon Roll: So easy to make and everyone will love these ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls straight out of the oven.
- Easy French Toast: One of the best things about French toast is how you can make a huge batch for breakfast, eat what you can and then freeze the rest to enjoy all throughout the rest of the week.
- Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish: This recipe uses puff pastry that creates a delicious, buttery, and crisp base for the sweetened cream cheese and sugared blueberries. The finished pastries are then drizzled with a light icing.
- Air Fryer
- Spray oil cooking spray
- 1 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls 8 pack
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coat the Air Fryer basket with vegetable oil.
- Unpack the Cinnamon Rolls and lay them out in the basket of the Air Fryer. You should have enough room for 7 around the edge and 1 in the center.
- Air Fry on 350 degrees for 8 minutes (see recipe notes).
Cinnamon Roll Icing
- Add cream cheese and softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat until there are no lumps.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat very well until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the Cinnamon Rolls from the Air Fryer, place them on a cooling rack or plate and leave them to cool for a couple of minutes
- Add the frosting once they have cooled a little, but while they are still warm.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.