I recently decided to put a new springtime spin on an old favorite autumn recipe.
Every autumn one of the first pumpkin recipes I make is this Pumpkin Cheese Bread Recipe that everyone in my house loves. I was thinking the other day that we hadn’t had any in a while.
I was tempted to make up a batch because I was craving something yummy and just so happened to have all of the ingredients on hand.
Then I got the idea that I could substitute any kind of muffin mix and they’d taste great with the cream cheese filling.
I just so happened to have a package of blueberry muffin mix on hand that I had gotten a few months ago on a deal.
Now don’t get me wrong, blueberry muffins are already a huge hit at my house with everyone (except my son), it only takes a few more extra ingredients to make them something the whole family will be talking about for days!
Cheesecake Filled Blueberry Muffins
- Any Blueberry muffin mix
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Prepare blueberry muffin mix according to the package directions.
- Beat Cream Cheese, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth & creamy.
- Fill each paper muffin cup 1/3 with muffin mixture.
- Add a large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of the muffin mix in the cups.
- Top with more muffin mix until cup is full.
- Bake according to muffin mix instructions at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
My husband told me these even tasted better a day later!
My son who is not ordinarily a blueberry muffin fan, LOVES them!!
I would love to hear what you think of these if you try the recipe for yourself.