I recently decided to put a new springtime spin on an old favorite autumn recipe.
Every autumn one of the first pumpkin recipes I make is this Pumpkin Cheese Bread Recipe that everyone in my house loves. I was thinking the other day that we hadn’t had any in a while.
I was tempted to make up a batch because I was craving something yummy and just so happened to have all of the ingredients on hand.
Then I got the idea that I could substitute any kind of muffin mix and they’d taste great with the cream cheese filling.
I just so happened to have a package of blueberry muffin mix on hand that I had gotten a few months ago on a deal.
Now don’t get me wrong, blueberry muffins are already a huge hit at my house with everyone (except my son), it only takes a few more extra ingredients to make them something the whole family will be talking about for days!
Cheesecake Filled Blueberry Muffins
- Any Blueberry muffin mix
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Prepare blueberry muffin mix according to the package directions.
- Beat Cream Cheese, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth & creamy.
- Fill each paper muffin cup 1/3 with muffin mixture.
- Add a large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of the muffin mix in the cups.
- Top with more muffin mix until cup is full.
- Bake according to muffin mix instructions at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
My husband told me these even tasted better a day later!
My son who is not ordinarily a blueberry muffin fan, LOVES them!!
I would love to hear what you think of these if you try the recipe for yourself.