This Homemade Crab Rangoon Recipe just might be one of the best appetizers, ever.
Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re actually kind of fun to make, too! Stop ordering takeout and instead, make your own with this simple recipe.
If you like this recipe, you’re going to love this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice as well.
Homemade Crab Rangoon
I’m a huge fan of crab rangoon.
It is literally my favorite thing to get when we go to the local Chinese Food Buffet, ever since the first day that my daughter convinced me to give them a try.
One thing that I do find interesting is that every Chinese restaurant has their own spin on how to make them…some are sweet, while others use the cream cheese as the star of the show.
Due to the variety of taste and flavors, I decided that it was time to just go ahead and make my own. The result? I may not ever have a need to order takeout ever again.
Gather these ingredients to make your Crab Rangoons.
Then scroll down for full Crab Rangoons Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Ingredients needed for homemade crab rangoon
- White crab meat, drained
- Cream cheese, softened
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic
- Powdered sugar
- Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
How to make crab rangoon
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and powdered sugar.
Mix in the drained crab meat.
Place a tablespoon of crab & cream cheese mixture in the middle of each wonton wrapper.
Brush a small amount of water on all four edges of the wonton wrapper.
Pinch corners together, sealing them completely.
Fry wontons in oil heated to 350 degrees for about 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden.
Allow to cool on a paper towel.
Enjoy plain or with your favorite dipping sauce. I prefer them plain, they are so, SO GOOD!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Spicy Zucchini Chips
- Grilled Steak Kabobs
- Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- Baked Brussel Chips
Homemade Crab Rangoon
- 6 oz 6 oz. can white crab meat, drained
- 6 oz 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tbsp 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 20 20 wonton wrappers
- 2 cup about 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and powdered sugar.
- Mix in crab meat.
- Place a tablespoon of crab mixture in the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush a small amount of water on all four edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Pinch corners together, sealing them completely.
- Fry wontons in oil heated to 350 degrees for about 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool on a paper towel.