If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to traditional potato chips, these baked Brussel chips are calling your name. Not only are they crispy and delicious, but they’re helping you to up your veggie intake as well.
If you like this healthy recipe, make certain to check out these Healthy Living Tips as well!
Baked Brussel Chips
I’m not saying I don’t love potato chips…because I do. But what I am saying is that it’s nice to have an alternative to that greasy food.
When I prep, prepare and bake these Brussel sprouts, everyone in the family gobbles them up before they even have time to cool down!
Gather these ingredients to make your Baked Brussles Sprouts.
Then scroll down for full Brussels Sprouts Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Ingredients to make Baked Brussel Chips
- Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
How to make homemade Brussel chips
Preheat oven to 400°
Wash and cut ends off Brussel sprouts, removing outer leaves.
Peel leaves off individually as much as possible, retaining small Brussels as well.
*It helps to trim away more of the core to get additional leaves off.
Gather all leaves and remaining small Brussels in a pan or bowl.
Gently using fingers or wooden spoon, massage olive oil onto leaves.
Repeat this process with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Spread Brussels on a parchment-lined or ungreased baking pan.
Bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
I prefer mine to be crispier, so I bake them until they almost look burnt.
Edges will crisp and brown quickly.
Can you use coconut oil instead of olive oil for this recipe?
Absolutely. Just know that using coconut oil will add a bit of sweetness to the taste and flavor but will still be delicious!
If you like this delicious recipe, make certain to check out these other great options:
Baked Brussel Chips
- 1 lb 1 lb Bag of brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 fresh lemon squeezed
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash and cut ends off brussel sprouts, removing outer leaves.
- Peel leaves off individually as much as possible, retaining small brussels as well.
- It helps to trim away more of the core to get additional leaves off.
- Gather all leaves and remaining small brussels in a pan or bowl.
- Gently using fingers or wooden spoon, massage olive oil onto leaves.
- Repeat this process with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread brussels on parchment lined or ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
- Edges will crisp and brown quickly.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Leave a Reply