This frugal homemade German Cucumber Salad with fresh dill and onions is one of my favorites!
I grew up eating a very similar dish but the one my grandma made included tomatoes as well. Either way this is such a simple and delicious recipe, and perfect for summertime.
This salad is so easy to refreshing and easy to make.
It tastes great and I love using fresh cucumbers, onions and dill that I grow from the garden.
Gather these ingredients needed to make this Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe
Then scroll down for full Cucumber Salad Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
- Red onion
- Sour cream
- White vinegar
- Garlic powder
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad with Dill
Peel, clean and slice cucumbers and onion and add to a large bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Pour the creamy dressing over your cucumber mixture and stir to coat well.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Store leftovers in refrigerator.
If you like this frugal salad recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- 2 English cucumbers sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red onion sliced (about 1 cups)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Clean and slice cucumbers and onion and add to a large bowl
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and stir to coat well
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.