We go out to eat more than I like to admit.
This is just the way we have always chosen to spend time together. We usually go out to eat on Sundays after church and my husband and I find ourselves at a restaurant most Wednesdays which is our date night.
I believe that eating out is a luxury. We all choose which extra things we can afford. And we have found a few ways to make eating out affordable for us.
As you can imagine this could potentially destroy our budget if we didn’t find ways to make this a less expensive luxury.
Here are my top Five Ways to Save Eating Out!
1. Know the specials.You’ll be able to take advantage of the fact that eating during lunch hours is usually less expensive at buffet style restaurants. Also, if you have little ones check to see if you favorite restaurant has a kids eat free program.
2. Stick to waters. You will still enjoy your meal without ordering something sweet to wash it down with. Plus at $2 or more a pop, our family is able to easily save at least $10 off our total bill.
3. Pass Up Appetizers. Unless of course you are only going to get an appetizer. My husband and I do order just an appetizer many times on our date nights and then have “dinner” at home. Otherwise, if you’re planning to order a meal then skip the appetizers. This will benefit your health and your budget!
4. Go home for dessert. For the cost of one dessert option at the restaurant you could usually prepare a very nice dessert that everyone can enjoy and still have leftovers for breakfast. Or am I the only one who enjoys cake with my morning coffee?
5. Use coupons, discounts, and gift cards. There are so many ways to find extra savings. If there is a restaurant you and your family loves, then join their email list. Most places send out special savings coupons and let you know in advance when they will have special deals. You can also buy gift certificates from Restaurant.com. Many times you’ll find a $25 gift card is only $2.
You can also read how my husband and I were able to enjoy a Free Date Night recently!
Do you have any other tips that you think should be added to this list? Please share them with all of us in the comments section below so we can all save more money doing things we enjoy!