The neat thing about knowing a good homemade bread pudding recipe is that you can make several easy bread pudding recipes once you know how to make a bread pudding basic recipe.
Once you have the basic bread pudding recipe down you can change out the toppings to make so many easy bread pudding recipes!
Today I want to show you how to make a bread pudding with caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream that could be served at a brunch or as a dessert.
You’ll need a good 11 x 7 bread pudding baking dish.
How to Make a Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Then scroll down for full Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Caramel Bread Pudding Ingredients
- Cooking Spray
- Whole Milk
Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- tear off a piece of parchment paper long enough so the the bottom and sides of the dish are covered
- spray with pam spray
- Take a sharp knife and cut your bread into 1/4 strips
- Turn the bread and cute the 1/4 Strips again to get cubes
- Set aside in a large bowl
- in the small sauce pan, add the milk and butter and put on medium heat until butter is melted
- in a small bowl, add the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and mix until combined
- pour egg mixture over the bread
- pour milk over the bread and mix
- add to your baking dish
- bake for 40 minutes
- pull out and set aside
- Once cooled, cut into squares and place on plates to serve
Caramel Sauce Instructions
- On medium heat, combine all ingredients into the sauce pan and mix until combined
- Continue to mix until ingredients are liquified
- Pour over already cut squares
Whipped Cream Instructions
- Using a standing mixer, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium to high speed onto stiff peaks form
- Add in powder sugar and vanilla, continue to mix until combined
- Top bread pudding with whipped cream
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.