This Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad is a delicious autumn-inspired salad.
So easy and takes just 4 ingredients to make.
Whip up this apple cranberry walnut salad to serve as a sweet and savory fall salad.
Fresh tart Granny Smith apples, cranberry sauce, celery, and walnuts.
This is a delicious side to serve up this holiday that is tart, sweet, and a bit of savory from the celery and nuts.
Whip this up and pair with your holiday feast.
Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
If you enjoy canned cranberry, you will love dressing it up with this recipe.
I love using the whole berry cranberry as it adds tons of flavor to your cranberry apple salad.
Apple Cranberry Salad Ingredients
- Cranberry Sauce
- Granny Smith Apples
You could easily swap out the cranberry sauce for fresh cranberries, it will just be a more chunky sald.
How To Make Cranberry Walnut Salad
Step 1: Start by washing and prepping your apples.
Step 2: Then toss them in the bowl along with the sliced celery.
Step 3: Pour in the cranberry and mix well.
Step 4: You will refrigerate the salad, and then right before you go to serve, toss in the walnuts and stir.
It will give a nice crunch to the salad.
So I reached for a Granny Smith apple because I found it balanced out the flavors nicely in this salad. The tart gives tons of flavor. You can use other varieties of apples. But, if you do reach for another variety just know it will adjust the flavor a bit. I would recommend doing a crisper apple so it holds that crisp texture when you bite into the salad.
If you have leftover cranberry sauce, you are more than welcome to use it to replace canned cranberry. I do recommend that you use whole berry cranberry instead of the jelly type.
You might feel like this cran-apple salad is similar to a Waldorf salad but it lacks some of the main ingredients you get with the classic Waldorf. Grapes, cranberry, celery, dried cranberries, raisins, and more are what are in a Waldorf. This cran-apple salad is a bit lighter and of course, uses fewer ingredients.
Can You Freeze Leftover Cranberry Salad
Due to the fruit in this along with the celery, you will find the texture of the cranberry salad will become soggy in texture.
I recommend not freezing this salad.
You are more than welcome to reduce the salad by half if you feel you can’t eat it all.
Or if you are serving a larger crowd you can easily double this recipe.
Here are more fall recipes to consider making
- Caramel Apple Taquitos – A flour tortilla that gets transformed into a delicious apple-filled taquito. These are the perfect dessert any day of the week or a weekend treat.
- Pumpkin Spice Dalgona – Have you heard of the whipped coffee sensation? If so, here is a fall twist to this classic whipped coffee. Full of pumpkin flavor in every indulgent sip.
- Gingersnap Cookies – Who can say fall and winter without the warm flavors of a gingersnap cookie? Here is my go-to recipe I make on the chillier months of the year.
Apple Cranberry Salad with Walnuts
- 1 14 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple diced
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, fold together the cranberry sauce, diced apple, and sliced celery.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Prior to serving, stir in the walnuts.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.