I love this super easy Valentine Kool Aid Candy Suckers Recipe and couldn’t wait to share it with you today!
It’s so easy to make these cute homemade Valentine suckers, using just a few ingredients and this inexpensive heart sucker mold.
How to Make Suckers
You could use this candy recipe and a few simple ingredients to make your own homemade Kool Aid Suckers in any flavors that you like.
Just choose whichever unsweetened powdered drink mix flavor you want to use to create these homemade suckers.
Kool Aid Candy
If you do not have sticks to make these homemade lollipops, you could skip the lollipop sticks and just make Kool Aid hard candy instead.
You can also use any shape molds you like, but the heart molds are great for making Valentine suckers.
Gather these ingredients to make your Suckers.
Then scroll down for full Homemade Suckers Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
Candy Suckers Ingredients
- Light Corn Syrup
- Unsweetened Kool Aid drink mix
How to Make a Lollipop
Step 1: Before you get started, you’ll need to spray your candy mold with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Place lollipop sticks in mold and put in freezer until ready to use.
Step 3: Combine granulated sugar, water and corn syrup in a large pan. Cook sugar mixture on medium-high heat until you get to 300 degrees. This is considered the hard crack stage and where you need it to get to successfully make hard candy.
You can use a candy thermometer to check your temperature. You’ll want to make sure the granulated sugar is completely dissolved.
Step 4: Add 1/8 of the contents of the Kool-Aid packet to the sugar mixture after it has reached the hard crack stage. (The amount in each packet varies based on flavor and brand).
Step 5: Remove sugar mixture from heat and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Step 6: Carefully pour the hot syrup into molds and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing.
Expert Tip: You may want to place your mold on a cookie sheet before pouring the candy mixture into the prepared molds.
You should be able to keep your homemade lollipops for up to three weeks, when stored properly in an airtight container.
You can place each sucker in an individual cellophane sucker bag and close using a twist tie. You could also use a sandwich bag, although it won’t be as pretty looking.
If you don’t need to store them individually, you could also keep them in an airtight container. Place a piece of wax paper between layered to keep them from sticking together.
There is no need to refrigerate, but you will want to keep them in a cool, dark place.
Related Candy Recipes
- Contrary to the name, these little bite sized sweet Potato Candy treats have no mashed potato in them. That’s right! They get their name because they look like little potatoes.
- This Homemade Snickers Candy Bar recipe is SO GOOD! Make your own chocolate candy bars at home whenever you want!
- Who remembers those candy dots that came stuck to strips of paper? What is it about these sugary dots the you would peel off a strip of paper that kids love? Now you can make them with this easy Candy Dots Recipe.
- This Homemade Pay Day Candy Bar Recipe is dangerously delicious and super easy to make!
Valentine Suckers Recipe
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/8 of Unsweetened Kool Aid drink mix cherry, Black Cherry, Pink Lemonade, etc.
- 5 Lollipop Sticks
- Spray mold with non stick cooking spray.
- Place sticks in mold and put in freezer until ready to use.
- In a large pan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook on high until you get to 300 (hard crack stage).
- Add 1/8 of the contents of the Kool-Aid packet (amount in paket varies based on flavor).
- Remove from heat and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into molds and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.