This Homemade Snickers Candy Bar recipe is SO GOOD! Make your own Homemade Snickers Candy at home whenever you want!
Snickers Candy Bar
My all time favorite candy bar definitely has to be a Snickers Candy packed with peanuts!
My love affair with this particular chocolate bar goes all the back to my childhood, when a friend introduced me to them for the first time. I was hooked in a bad way!
It is the perfect mix of all my favorite ingredients, and the chewy nougat is the best!
But if I had to choose why I love these so much, next to the peanuts, caramel has to be the best part of the milk chocolate Snickers bar.
I have zero self control if there are any Snickers in the same room as I am in. It’s bad you guys…like I could easily eat an entire bag of them in one sitting. And I have on more than one occasion!
Imagine my surprise when I figured out that you could actually make your own candy bars at home! Now I can enjoy all that deliciousness any time I want to.
Plus I like to remind myself that making your own candy bars at home is healthier, right?! I mean there ARE peanuts in there, so it’s a good protein source at the very least.
Being able to control the ingredients and the sugar content is so helpful when you are trying to stay away from the real thing, which is packed with artificial flavor and ingredients no one can pronounce.
Gather these ingredients to make your Snickers Candybars.
Then scroll down for full Homemade Snickers Recipe Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
You can also use this recipe as the candy bar for all of the other recipes that have been created using Snickers!
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Creamy peanut butter
- Marshmallow creme fluff
- Powdered sugar
- Unsalted roasted peanuts
- Heavy whipping cream
- 9×13 baking dish
Fit the baking dish with parchment paper. Use just enough parchment paper to come over the sides of the dish. This will make it so much easy to get your Snickers dessert out of the pan when it finishes cooling.
How to Make Homemade Snickers
Using a double boiler, combine 1 C of chocolate chips, and 3 tbsp peanut butter and melt until smooth.
Wash the double boiler after you finish. You’ll need it again in a few steps.
Pour the melted chocolate into the baking dish and smooth out.
Place into the freezer while you make the nougat.
In a medium bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, 1/4 C peanut butter and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
Using your hands, push down the nougat onto the first layer of chocolate.
Lightly push in the peanuts.
In the clean double boiler pot, melt the caramels and heavy whipping cream together.
Stir the caramel until fully melted and pour over the nougat layer.
Place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
After you wash the double boiler one last time, repeat the first step with the remaining 1 C chocolate chips and 3 tbsp peanut butter.
Pour melted chocolate over cooled caramel and place back into the fridge until hardened.
Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
Homemade Snickers Candy
- 2 C nestle semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp plus 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme fluff
- 1 C powder sugar
- 3/4 C unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 bag 11 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 9 x13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper. Just enough to come over the sides.
- Using a double boiler, combine 1 C chocolate chips, and the 3 tbsp peanut butter and melt until smooth.
- Wash after use
- Pour melted chocolate into the baking dish and smooth out. Place into the freezer while you make the nougat
- In a medium bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, 1/4 C peanut butter and powder sugar. Mix until combined
- Using your hands, push down the nougat onto the first layer of chocolate.
- Lightly push in the peanuts
- In the clean double boiler pot, melt the caramels and heavy whipping cream. Stir the caramel until fully melted
- Pour over nougat
- Place into the fridge for 20 minutes
- After you wash the double boiler one last time, repeat the first step with the remaining 1 C chocolate chips and 3 tbsp peanut butter.
- Pour melted chocolate over cooled caramel and place back into the fridge until hardened
- Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
More Candy Bar Ideas
I love being able to recreate all of my favorite candy bars at home! It turns out that making your own versions of your favorite candy bars is a whole lot easier than it might seem.
In fact some of the homemade candy bar recipes below require as few as two ingredients to make!
Homemade Whatchamacallit Bars – Homemade Candy Bars are super easy to make at home and they taste pretty great too!
Copycat Kit Kat Bars – Give me a break. Give me a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar!
Homemade Payday Candy Bars – This Homemade PayDay Candy Bar Recipe is dangerously delicious!
Copycat Three Musketeers Bars – This 2 Ingredient Copycat recipe for Homemade Three Musketeers recipe is SO easy to make!
Homemade Nestle Crunch Bars – SO EASY! This is another homemade candy bar recipe that only requires two ingredients!
Homemade Frugal Candy Bars – I picked up this recipe a couple of years ago and it has become a Christmas tradition to make it every year since. It is super easy and cheap!
Use your candy bars to make new treats!
Butterfinger Hot Cocoa – Try this Candy Bar Hot Cocoa recipe the next time you want to add a little something special to your regular hot cocoa.
Candy Bar Cupcakes – It’s super easy to make these delicious Candy Bar Cupcakes with any bite size Snickers, Milky Ways or any other Chocolate Candy Bars you have on hand and love.
Snickers Caramel Apple Pie – This no bake dessert is SO easy!