This Homemade Dishwasher Detergent is the best dishwasher detergent ever!
It’s so easy to make yourself and does a great job too, without all of the junky chemical ingredients of store bought brands.
This is just one of the things that you can easily make yourself at home and avoid the higher costs of buying these kinds of products pre-made.
One of the reasons I finally made the decision to start using Essential Oils in my home was because I wanted to get rid of all of the toxic chemical cleaning products I had been using.
I love that I can make my own products, saving money and promoting health at the same time.
I recently shared this Homemade Bleach recipe and today I wanted to share another new recipe that I am going to begin using.
This recipe for dishwashing powder is SO easy to make and really only calls for the most basic ingredients, most of you probably already have these in your home.
Dishwasher Detergent Homemade Recipe
It’s really easy to make your own detergent to use in your dishwasher when you follow the recipe below.
Ingredients to make dishwasher detergent
- 1 cup borax
- 1 cup washing soda
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup citric acid or 5 packets unsweetened lemonade mix
- 3-4 drops of essential oil (I choose to use Orange because I love the way it makes my home smell)
How to Make Dishwasher Detergent
Pour all of the ingredients together in an air tight storage container and mix well.
How to Use Homemade Dishwasher Soap
Add 1-2 tablespoons of homemade dishwashing powder per load.
Expert Tip: For best results, use white vinegar as a rinse aid, alongside this recipe!
If you aren’t sure where to buy essential oils, please read my post here on the only oils I personally use and highly recommend.
Looking for more great homemade cleaning recipes to make yourself at home?
- This Homemade Soft Scrub Cleanser is so easy to make using a few simple ingredients.
- This DIY Garbage Disposal Cleaner is so easy to make and have on hand whenever your sink needs a refresh.
- Making your own DIY Natural Air Freshener is so easy to do that you’ll never want to go back to store bought ones again! Plus this recipe also doubles as an all natural carpet freshener powder too!