This Target REDcard Guide will answer the question What is Target REDcard and show you everything you need to know about how to save the most at Target and which REDcard is the right one for you.
Target has come up with a solution where their loyal customers can save everyday on every purchase no matter what it is.
It’s called the Target REDCard, let’s see how it works.
What is a Target REDCard?
The Target REDCard allows loyal shoppers to easily purchase and enjoy a discount on everything they buy, every time.
There are two kinds of REDCards:
Target REDcard Debit Card:
The Debit Card requires you to have an account with an FDIC-insured, US-based bank, and would be used just like your normal bank issued debit cards.
Target REDcard Credit Card:
As for the Credit Card, it would be used at Target just like any other credit card and you’ll receive a monthly bill from them.
Both can be used for purchasing in store and at Target.com.
What’s The Benefit Of Using A REDCard?
One of the best things about using a REDCard would be that you can get a 5% discount on all your purchases anytime, any day. You’ll also enjoy free Two-Day Shipping for online purchases.
Other benefits include:
- Extended return periods: REDCard holders will get an extra 30 days to return items that they purchased. Excluded are “all sales are final” purchases, Target Mobile purchases, or those that have predetermined return dates.
- Target Subscription Savings: You can get an additional 5% discount if you use Target Subscriptions. This will be on top of what you’re already getting when you use your REDCard, so that’s a 10% total discount.
- Top Deal Savings and Specialty Gift Cards: You can buy an item that is on clearance or use a gift card for an additional discount, and still get the 5% discount with the REDCard
- No interest charges or fees: The Target REDCard is not like a card provided by the bank, as long as you use the card properly and you have no issues with your bank, you’re good to go.
How Can I Apply for a Target REDCard?
There are two ways for you to apply for a REDCard:
- You can apply online at Target’s website. Just fill out the form on their website, and you’re all set.
- You could also apply in person. Just go to your nearest Target store and tell the cashier that you’re applying for a REDCard.
Any Other Info About REDCard?
There are a few things that you’ll want to be aware of when you acquire and use your REDCard:
- The 5% discount doesn’t apply for every item in the store. Restaurants inside the store (except Starbucks), items at Target Pharmacies, and gift wrap purchases are not included.
- The REDCard Debit and Credit Cards can only be used at Target stores and at target.com. They will not work at any other store.
- The use of the REDCard will not help your credit score in any way.
If you’re an avid Target shopper and don’t have a REDCard, then you’re missing out. A 5% discount appears to be small at first but it’ll be a huge help in the long run.