Today is my 45th birthday and I thought it might be kind of fun to write a post all about me!
If you have been a friend of mine or following this blog for a while you may know some of these already, but I hope you learn something new about me too!
Below you will find a list of things you may or may not know about me.
- My favorite color is green. No specific shade, I pretty much like them all.
- My middle name is Lynn. Kristie Lynn, that’s me!
- I have a tattoo and will never have another one. I prefer piercings 😉
- I’m a hopeless klutz. My family thinks it is totally normal for me to trip and fall over nothing at all.
- I’ve never been good at sports, unless skee ball counts? I think the klutz in me makes it impossible.
- I’ve been married for almost 25 years, to the same man since I was 20 years old. And I still would rather spend my time with him over anyone else in the world <3
- I have a real bug collection that I said I was starting for my kids, but they really never much cared about it.
- I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and I believe most things have a deeper hidden meaning which can make those around me a little crazy. It can make me even crazier!
- I love singing in my car and probably look like a lunatic to all those who might see me doing so, but I don’t care. I sound the best when I am alone, cruising with the windows down and the radio really, really loud.
- I LOVE playing in the dirt! There is something so satisfying about watching something grow that you’ve planted. I usually have dirt under my nails because I really don’t like garden gloves.
- I am an Irish girl. My heart swells whenever I hear Celtic music.
- I dream of one day traveling to Ireland.
- The same is true for Africa. I have felt the calling for many years now and just know one day I will go.
- I grew up in Detroit. The real Detroit, not the outer suburbs, and I survived! In fact, I think it made me a better person.
- My husband and I bought our first home at 20 years old.
- I love real books. I need to physically hold them and be able to dog-ear the corners. It may sound strange but I feel an emotional connection to each story I read.
- I LOVE cheese and I really don’t discriminate. I love them all!
- I became a mom for the first time when I was 16 years old and I almost died.
- I hate chewing gum.
- I hope to write a book one day, once I figure out which story I am supposed to tell. Until then I share bits and pieces of it here.
- I cannot whistle. I’ve tried, people have tried to teach me. I just cannot get it.
- My childhood was a little unstable. I moved so many times before I got to middle school that I lost track of how many schools I attended during the elementary years.
- I still love to play in the rain as long as it is warm outside.
- My blood type is O-Negative which I am told is kind of rare.
- I LOVE a good thunderstorm. One of the reasons I wanted to buy this house is because the porch is big enough to sit on during a storm without getting rained on.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Little House on the Prairie.
- The older I get, the more I realize that I am a hippy at heart.
- I have brown eyes which I love although I spent most of my childhood wishing I had blue eyes like my sister.
- I’ve never felt like I really fit in.
- I’ve had to call my mom to ask how old I was going to be because I really forgot!
- My favorite comfort food is a cup of graham crackers filled with milk.
- I’ve been known to cry during commercials.
- I’ve homeschooled for 11 years now and have one year to go with our son. We graduated our daughter and son several years ago and I say Don’t Homeschool Your Kids!
- I hate being late and married a man who is notorious for being late which has proven to be very challenging for me.
- I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen my biological father in real life.
- I survived more than one cancer scare.
- I love saving money and learning to be self sufficient.
Whew! That is quite a list, and if you made it to the bottom you deserve a prize. There is more than you probably even wanted to know about me 😉
I’m off to enjoy the rest of my birthday weekend and I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!