This Mashed Potatoes Instant Pot recipe is great anytime!
While it’s great anytime, it’s perfect for the holidays, especially the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
This is the easiest way to make the creamiest mashed potatoes!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Using your Instant Pot to make mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving is a easy way to take care of one of your holiday dishes, while freeing up your stove for other dishes on your Thanksgiving menu.
Learning how to cook potatoes in the Instant Pot will be a game changer this Thanksgiving.
Grab your FREE Thanksgiving Dinner Planner to help make sure you have thought of everything to make it a success, but more importantly a memorable experience for everyone.
This recipe is ridiculously easy. In fact I bet you’ll never go back to making mashed potatoes on the stove again, once you learn this super simple recipe hack.
Other than turkey, stuffing and my famous sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes is the only other dish that my family requires for the holiday dinner.
Of course we always have several other things and plenty of desserts too, but mashed potatoes are definitely a must!
Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
The only difference between how I traditionally make mashed potatoes on the stove and this recipe, is that this one uses red potatoes and heavy cream instead of russet potatoes and milk.
Oh! And because I use my pressure cooker, it only takes 10 minutes to make!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Thanksgiving Dinner Planner!
Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
The secret ingredient to making the creamiest mashed potatoes ever, is definitely the heavy cream list in the ingredients below.
- Red potatoes, halved
- Parsley flakes
- Heavy cream
How to Make Mashed Potatoes
Step 1: Place potatoes and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot.
Step 3: Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent. Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
When cook time is up, do a quick release and remove lid.
Step 4: Use a potato masher to mash potatoes.
Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
That’s it! I told you this recipe was ridiculously easy.
Looking for more potato recipes?
If you like this potato side dish recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad – This loaded potato salad is so good, even people who don’t like potato salad will like this!
- Red Roasted Potatoes – That roasted flavor combined with lavender creates a dynamic flavor that really does highlight any type of main dish.
- Sweet Potato Casserole – The recipe calls for cooking and peeling sweet potatoes, but I chose to use one large can of yams instead to save a little time.
Instant Pot Mashed Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes halved
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Place potatoes and water in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Top with slices of butter, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal vent. Set to pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When cook time is up, do a quick release and remove lid.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes. Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Free Vintage Kitchen Panner