Grab your Instant Pot and whip up this BBQ Pulled Venison for dinner.
Serve up this shredded venison that is smothered in a delicious bbq sauce and served on a bun.
Instant Pot Venison Roast Recipe
If you enjoy venison you need to try out this Instant Pot recipe today.
It’s perfect to eat all by itself, or pile it on a bun with a side of coleslaw, potato chips or fries.
With venison you’ll find the lack of fat can leave your meat a little dry. So cooking your venison in the Instant Pot under the pressure it allows to cook your meat juicy and tender.
This Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Venison Is..
- Easy Venison Recipe
- Uses Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Family Friendly Dinner
- Budget Friendly
- Black Pepper And Salt
- Venison Roast
- BBQ Sauce
Check out this Homemade BBQ Sauce that you can make using your Instant Pot too!
How To Cook Venison
Before starting, gather up all the ingredients needed!
Step 1: Start by dicing up your onion and toss in the garlic.
Step 2: Next place the roast, salt, and pepper and water in the Instant Pot.
Step 3: Place the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high pressure as directed.
Step 4: Once the roast is done, remove and shred the meat as directed. Then you will place the meat back in the liquid.
Step 5: Mix in your favorite BBQ sauce into the meat and then serve on top of a bun.
Helpful Tips for Cooking Deer Meat
- Peel off any silver skin on the roast before you go to cook it. The silver skin will make the meat tough.
- Feel free to add more spices to add more flavor to the roast.
- If you want you can easily make homemade barbecue sauce instead of using a store bought bottle.
- If you have a larger roast you can cut it up and place larger pieces in the Instant Pot.
Storing Leftover Venison
Refrigerate – You can store your pulled venison in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Then just reheat your meat in the microwave or even on a skillet on the stove.
Freezing – Now if you want to freeze some of your leftovers go right ahead. Store in a freezer container and it will store for 2-3 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat.
Venison is deer meat. Depending on where you live will depend on what you call your venison meat.
Venison is a lot leaner than beef and is normally grass fed. So you will find venison can be a lot healthier than beef when it comes to red meats.
Yes, you can place the roast in the Instant Pot straight from frozen. It will just take the pressure cooker longer to come to pressure than it would if it was not frozen. You can leave the cook time the same or add a few minutes if you are worried about it.
Kangaroo meat is the closest to venison in terms of flavor. But you will find that it is a bit different.
Looking for More Instant Pot Dinner Ideas?
I’ve been meal planning for years, and these are some of my favorites!
- Instant Pot Curry Chicken and Vegetables – If you’re looking for a quick dinner idea that is packed with lots of flavor, then go ahead and give this one a try and let me know what you think!
- Lemon Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breast – This Instant Pot Chicken Breast combines the delicious flavors of garlic and lemon. It goes perfectly with just about any veggie side dish you can think of!
- Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe – Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic old fashioned recipe that you can cook in just a few minutes using your pressure cooker.
- Chicken Noodle Soup Instant Pot Recipe – This soup is SO EASY to make in just a few minutes with this recipe. I don’t know about you, but I just love making all kinds of different soups like fresh creamy tomato or split pea and ham.
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore – Although this chicken cacciatore recipe calls for chicken thighs, I often make it using chicken breast, and consider it to be one of the top Instant Pot chicken breast recipes that I have tried.
Pulled Venison Sandwich
- 1 Whole Head Garlic
- 1 Small Onion or Shallot
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Medium Deer Roast
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle BBQ Sauce optional
- Peel garlic and onion. Then cut the onion into pieces. Put everything other than the BBQ sauce into the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and make sure the valve is in the sealing position. Push manual and select high pressure and cook time of 90 minutes. When it is finished carefully release the pressure.
- Remove the roast and place it on a plate. Using two forks, pull apart the roast. It should be super soft and easy to shread/pull apart.
- After you have it all shredded return back to the pot with the liquid. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove a portion at a time and place it on a bun with some BBQ sauce. Top with cole slaw if you like and serve.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Leave a Reply