Are you ready for a cake mix recipe that’ll have you loving baking again?
This Homemade Yellow Cake Mix is fast and simple to whip up!
When you have a cake mix recipe as simple as this, it shows that baking and creating a cake doesn’t have to be complicated at all!
All you need are the simple and easy ingredients to get started! (and I will show you how to create it easily step by step below!)
Be sure to check out my Carrot Cake Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Icing for another steller sweet treat that everyone is going to love.
Homemade Yellow Cake Mix
To be truthful with you, I love cake. All types of cake, all flavors of cake, and I welcome all toppings and frosting on the cake, too.
Not a day goes by that I don’t think of cake. Seriously. This is where making this yellow cake mix recipe is pretty awesome.
I can create the cake mix, have it ready to go, and then bake the cake when the urge strikes. Does it get any better than that?
Ingredients Needed to Make Homemade Yellow Cake Mix
- baking powder
Ingredients needed to add to cake mix to make the cake:
- butter or vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
How To Make Homemade Yellow Cake Mix
To prepare the mix, combine the dry ingredients and store them in a jar or zip-top freezer bag.
Step 1: To prepare the mix, combine the dry ingredients and store them in a jar or zip-top freezer bag.
Step 2: To prepare the cake, combine the butter, vanilla, and eggs in a mixer until well blended. Add the cake mix and milk just until evenly mixed.
Step 3: Bake the cake in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees. Two round cake pans will require 20 to 25 minutes. Cupcakes will require 15 to 18 minutes.
Yellow Cake Mix Hacks
The great thing about making cake mix is that you can literally use it for so many fun desserts!
Don’t limit yourself to just cake – think cupcakes, and unique treats, too.
Cake mix is also a great way to prep and have an easy cake mix recipe ready to use anytime that you’re ready to bake!
This will save you time from having to run to the store and spend money on cake mixes there that are on the shelves.
I also think that giving a jar full of homemade cake is a really awesome gift idea, too!
Just put the ingredients together in a cute mason jar with a fun cake mix recipe attached, and just like that, you’ve created a thoughtful and tasty treat!
Looking for more sweet treats?
- Old Fashioned Rhubarb Custard Pie – This is one of those pies that will have you talking about it for days!
- No Churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream – You can easily save this recipe for fall – or make it right now! No ice cream maker is needed at all!
- Adorable Lamb Cupcakes for Easter – Need a sweet treat for spring or Easter? These cupcakes are perfect!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple to make – just takes minutes!
- Only four easy ingredients are needed
- A great way to prep for baking a cake
How to Store Homemade Cake Mix
Once you mix together the ingredients for this simple cake mix, you just need to store it in a jar with a lid or a bag that you can seal. You don’t have to use it right away, which is great!
You can also store it in your fridge or in a place that is out of the heat and sun in your house. I like having it in the fridge, but that is just my personal preference.
Have fun making this cake mix. It’s a fast and easy way to whip up something that you can bake into a sweet treat to share with others!
Homemade Yellow Cake Mix
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
To Make the Cake:
- ½ cup butter or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- To prepare the mix, combine the dry ingredients and store in a jar or zip top freezer bag.
- To prepare the cake, combine the butter, vanilla, and eggs in a mixer until well blended. Add the cake mix and milk just until evenly mixed.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees. Two round cake pans will require 20 to 25 minutes. Cupcakes will require 15 to 18 minutes.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.