How adorable are these Lamb Cupcakes for Easter this year?!
One of the best parts about Easter is spending time with the family, and enjoying some sweet treats together.
These Easter cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your next celebration.
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
In this recipe you’ll use mini marshmallows to create the most adorable sheep cupcakes for Easter this year.
I can just picture a whole platter of them on the dessert table for our family Easter Dinner Celebration!
Of course the symbolism of the Easter Lamb goes perfectly with this Resurrection Eggs activity for kids too.
John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
If you aren’t making these for Easter, it really doesn’t matter if you call them lamb or sheep cupcakes.
These sheep cupcakes could also be great for any barn yard birthday parties, baptisms, confirmations, and baby showers.
Easter Lamb Cupcake Ingredients
You’ll need to gather all of the ingredients below for the cupcakes, icing and the candy clay that will be used to make those sweet, adorable sheep faces.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
Candy Clay Ingredients
- Dark Chocolate Chips or Wafers
- Corn Syrup
How to Make Easter Lamb Cupcakes
To begin making your Easter cupcakes, you’ll need to make the little candy lamb faces first.
Step 1: Melt chocolate in the microwave slowly. Heating on low for 30 seconds at a time to avoid burning. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir and repeat the process until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
Step 2: Stir in corn syrup until well mixed. The mixture will be grainy.
Step 3: Pour onto plastic wrap and allow to set for several hours until firm.
Step 4: Break off small pieces of the candy clay mixture and knead to soften each piece into a flattened cube 3/4″ x 3/4″ x 1/4″ tall.
Step 5: To each of these we will attach ears at the top. Using a toothpick carve in the mouth and nostril area.
Step 6: Also add candy eyes like these ones here and press in place. Set aside and allow the heads to sit for 30 minutes.
Store remaining candy clay by sealing in zippered bag and refrigerating.
While the lamb faces are setting up, you can bake the cupcakes and prepare the icing.
Step 7: Bake cupcakes according to box directions and allow to cool.
Step 8: In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and vanilla.
Step 9: Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
Continue to beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
Step 10: Ice cupcakes, then decorate tops with sheep heads and mini marshmallow to represent wool, as shown the picture below.
More Easter Recipes
If you love this adorable Easter recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- Easter Bunny Cookies – With just a few ingredients, you can make these Easter cookies that any little one will love to get their hands on.
- Birds Nest Meringues – This is a classic dessert that is a swirled meringue and topped with a buttercream frosting and candy eggs.
- Easter Blondie Bars – These bars are the perfect recipe to take to any Easter parties this year. So easy to make too!!
- Coconut Bird’s Nest Cupcakes Recipe – Here’s another great recipe idea for Easter or any Springtime gathering. Coconut Bird’s Nest Cupcakes are a classic!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe – Enjoy individual carrot cake servings when you make these cupcakes instead of one big carrot cake.
Easter Lamb Cupcakes
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate Chips or Wafers
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup until well mixed. Mixture will be grainy.
- Pour onto plastic wrap and allow to set for several hours (until firm).
- Break off small pieces of the candy clay mixture and knead to soften.
- Form each into a flattened cube 3/4″ x 3/4″ x 1/4″ tall.
- To each of these we will attach ears at the top and using a toothpick we will carve in the mouth and nostril area.
- Also place candy eyes like these ones here and press in place.
- Allow the heads to set for 30 minutes.
- Store remaining candy clay by sealing in zippered bag and refrigerating.
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool. Cream butter and vanilla in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes then decorate tops with sheep heads and mini marshmallow to represent wool.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.