Learn how to make a Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato at home that tastes just like your favorite coffee shop.
The perfect blend of sweet caramel and bold coffee all blended into one indulgent coffee drink.
The word macchiato stands for “stained” in the Italian language.
That means you have the rich espresso and pour over milk and it creates this layered effect that creates the stained or marked look in the drink.
Reasons to Make Your Favorite Drink at Home
- Craft this masterpiece iced coffee up at home for a fraction of the cost.
- You can make this drink at home in minutes, and save time from sitting in a drive-thru.
- Easy everyday ingredients are needed, so you might have all the ingredients on hand.
- You get to adjust the sweetness level, and ingredients used.
- Use any espresso you would like for that perfect morning pick-me-up or mid-day treat.
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Syrup
How to Make
Full directions on how to make Iced Caramel Macchiato are in the printable recipe card below.
This is a quick walkthrough of how it is made.
Step 1: Add your syrup to a glass, I like to drizzle it around.
Step 2: Fill half with ice. Add the milk.
Step 3: Pour in the coffee, and add additional caramel.
Step 4: Sip and enjoy.
Yes, you can buy this drink all year round at Starbucks. This is a drink they have all year round. So feel free to make it all year round at home.
You can order the caramel macchiato hot or cold. For that matter, you can make it at home hot or cold if you prefer. You will use the same ingredients. Just warm the milk up before you mix it with the hot espresso if you want a hot version.
Since you are using espresso, it is a high-caffeine drink. You are welcome to lower the caffeine amount down if you don’t want it to be too caffeinated.
Variations to Recipe
- Use salted caramel for a boost of flavor.
- Swap the espresso with a strong brewed coffee or cold brew.
- Blend the drink in a blender for a frappuccino.
- Add in a dash of cinnamon or even nutmeg for a warm spice flavor.
- Top your drink with a cold foam for added sweetness.
- Freeze cold brew in ice cube trays and freeze. That that as the ice for the base for a richer coffee flavor.
- Use decaf coffee if you need it.
- Use non-dairy milk if you prefer. Almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Add in an extra shot of espresso for a bolder coffee flavor.
If you make extra espresso just store it in the fridge in a sealed container. This is going to work best and then in just a minute, you can throw together a new cup.
If you pre-make the macchiato just know it can separate as it sits in the fridge. So give it a good stir before you go to drink it. I also recommend not refrigerating it with ice as it will melt and water down the drink.
More Copycat Starbucks Drinks
If you liked this copycat Starbucks recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher – A hibiscus tea that is paired with white grape juice, blackberries, and green tea extract.
- Copycat Starbucks Cool Lime Refresher – Lime, cucumber, and mint collide in this copycat Starbucks Cool Lime Refresher drink.
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte – This copycat Starbucks recipe is sure to be the perfect summertime drink!
- Copycat Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino – It is so simple to make at home for a fraction of the cost that you’ll pay at Starbucks or your favorite coffeehouse.
- Copycat Starbucks Graham Latte – Coffee flavored with honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Starbucks Medicine Ball Recipe – This medicine tea recipe tastes just like the real deal.
- Copycat Starbucks Cotton Candy Frappuccino – Try this delicious homemade recipe at home and save your money.
- Starbucks Caramel Brûlée Latte – This recipe is made with espresso, whole milk, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and topped with whipped cream.
- Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade – When you’re looking for a refreshing drink this summer, try making Passion Tea Lemonade Drink.
- Starbucks Caramel Vanilla Latte – Now you can enjoy your favorite Starbucks Vanilla Latte recipe anytime you want, without even leaving the house.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino – This recipe makes about 2 medium size drinks.
Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato
- 1/3 cup Espresso
- 1/3 cup Cold Milk
- 1 cup Ice
- 3 tsp Caramel sauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla syrup
- Add syrup to glass.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- Add all of the milk
- A half of cup ice
- Now cofee, add carefully.
- Add caramel sauce.
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.