Homemade Resurrection Eggs Printables
*UPDATED: Now includes a smaller version of the printables that you can use to share the resurrection egg story with you little ones.
When my kids were younger, I always loved sharing the story of Easter using our own Resurrection Egg printables to make a simple and easy to understand resurrection eggs craft that kids love to do.
You can buy the Complete Resurrection Eggs Kit or you can make your own using the directions below.
Resurrection Eggs Template
You can choose to add small trinkets to the eggs too if you think that will help your little ones understand the story better.
Resurrection Eggs Lesson
- a small blade of grass to represent a palm branch at Jesus’ triumphal entry.
- 3 quarters to represent the 30 pieces of silver that Judas Iscariot received
- a cracker to represent the Last Supper
- a tiny piece of paper rolled into a scroll to represent Jesus’ prayer in the garden
- a piece of rope or yarn to represent the soldier’s whipping Jesus
- a thorn to represent the crown of thorns
- 2 small nails to represent the nails and the cross
- Mini dice to represent the soldier’s casting lots for Jesus’ clothes
- a toothpick with one end broken off to represent the spear piercing Jesus’ side
- a piece thin white fabric to represent Joseph wrapping Jesus in clean linen cloth
- a rock to represent the stone rolled in front of the tomb
- the final egg is empty to represent the empty tomb.
If you don’t want to gather the trinkets or want a less expensive version, you can just use the FREE Resurrection Eggs Printable trinkets instead.
Using a permanent marker, number each of the 12 plastic eggs 1-12 and fill each egg with the correct scripture and trinkets.
This is a great way to share the Resurrection Story with even your littlest ones.
I also think this is a great Printable Resurrection Egg idea too!