These Cajun Wings are loaded with incredible flavor!
This air fryer wing recipe takes just 2 ingredients to make, making it an easy appetizer that everyone will love.
The perfect game day appetizer to serve up as you cheer on your favorite team.
Spicy, salty, and the crunchy texture of perfectly cooked skin on your Cajun chicken wings.
I also have a really good oven-baked buffalo wing recipe you might want to check out as well.
Also, here are a couple more appetizers to test out: Cheesy Stuffed Peppers , or whip up these Crab Rangoon.
Cajun Wings Dry Rub Recipe
If you are a fan of Cajun spice these wings will hit the spot.
I love the warm flavors these wings give, and they legit are finger-licking good in my opinion.
These are the ingredients that are harder to find so I thought I would share my Amazon affiliate links to them so you are sure to have all of the ingredients you need to make your wings.
This is not all of the ingredients you need, just the harder to find one.
What To Serve With Chicken Wings
We love to serve up a ranch or blue cheese dressing to go along with these homemade wings.
Now if you prefer to serve them without dipping sauce go for it.
To me, all wings get elevated with flavor when you pair a tasty sauce to help marry all the flavors together even more.
I also think something like a spicy sauce would be great to help amp up the warm spices in the Cajun blend.
Now, you can make your own cajun seasoning, or buy whatever brand you like.
This is a great homemade Cajun Seasoning recipe.
I know that some cajun can carry a ton of heat, while other brands offer a mild alternative.
It is up to you to whip up a dish that fits what you want.
Creole blend is a great brand and you can buy based on the heat factor you want. Or you can go for a classic Old Bay-style seasoning as well.
How to Prevent Wings From Sticking To Trays
As you know cooking spray is something that can eat away at your basket or trays to the air fryer.
You can head to your store or hop on and buy from amazon.
They have oil misters, where you pour oil into a container and it will mist lightly just as a can of cooking spray.
This is a safer alternative to protect your basket or trays you are using.
So just spray your tray and then place the chicken in.
Gather these ingredients needed to make these Air Fryer Wings
- Cajun Seasoning
- Chicken Wings
Then scroll down for full Cajun Wings Measurements and instructions on creating this recipe – including a full recipe card that you can print for free that helps you shop and create easily in your kitchen!
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Wings Recipe
Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place them on a cutting board.
You want the wings to be as dry as possible so they get extra crispy in the air fryer!
Sprinkle chicken wings with Cajun seasoning.
Place chicken wings on the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Depending on the size of the wings, you may find that larger wings take more time.
After 25-30 minutes turn heat up to 400 degrees F & continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until skin is crispy.
Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese & enjoy!
Flipping your wings halfway through cooking will help guarantee that your wings get cooked well all the way through.
I always thaw mine before cooking, although you can cook frozen wings using the air fryer too.
Cajun tastes a lot like a spicy honey barbecue flavor.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Wings
- Make sure to cook in batches, so your chicken wings do not overlap. If they do you will run into undercooked or unevenly cooked areas on your wings.
- Also aim to season evenly over the chicken wings. That way you can get a consistent amount of flavor in each bite and each wing you serve up.
- Use a cooking spritzer instead of an aerosol cooking spray you buy, it can hurt your tray.
- To keep your wings warm while the rest are cooking place in a pan and tent with aluminum foil and stick in the oven at 200 degrees.
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers simply let the wings cool a bit then transfer to an airtight container or sealable bag.
Store in the fridge a few days.
When you want to eat them you can heat them in the microwave or opt to reheat in the air fryer.
In terms of freezing, you absolutely can freeze your wings.
Just place them in a proper container and freeze for up to three months.
Then when you want to eat let them thaw in the fridge overnight, then reheat.
If you like this chicken recipe, you’ll love these ones too:
Cajun Dry Rub Wings
- Air Fryer
- Cajun Seasoning
- 80 oz Bag Chicken Wings thawed
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place them on a cutting board. You want the wings to be as dry as possible so they get extra crispy in the air fryer!
- Sprinkle chicken wings with Cajun seasoning.
- Place chicken wings on the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Depending on the size of the wings. Larger wings may take more time.
- After 25-30 minutes turn heat up to 400 degrees F & continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese & enjoy!
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.
Leave a Reply