These Free Entertainment And Gift Ideas For Your No Spend Challenge will help keep the challenge fun and exciting!
A no-spend challenge can get difficult if you decide to try it for the long-haul, such as for a period of months to a year.
You’ll have to get really creative when it comes to keeping yourself and your family entertained.
Giving presents and showing your appreciation for others also becomes a bit tricky.
But that doesn’t mean you cannot still have fun or give your loved ones gifts when you trying not to spend money.
You’ll just need to be a little more creative in what you do and what you give as gifts.
Free Things to Do and Give
You can pull it out when you feel stuck for or need inspiration.
- Go to a free museum, park or other venues
- Have friends over for brunch
- Use any points you have such as a hotel or frequent flyer miles
- Stay with friends
- Make presents with materials you have
- Host a game night
- Camp out in the backyard
- Check out free programs at the library
- Learn something new online
- Give coupons for services as gifts
- Organize your home
- Clean out closets and donate items
- Have a yard sale
- Head to the park
- Take a hike
- Re-gift unused items
- Host a potluck
- Pick up a hobby like blogging
- Read free books through Kindle or your library
- Go for a bike ride
- Volunteer for an organization you’re passionate about
- Play cards
- Watch free videos if you have Amazon Prime
- Rearrange the furniture and artwork in your home
- Look at the stars
- Roast marshmallows and make s’ mores
- Check out your town’s community website for free events
- Join an intramural sports league for fun
- Find new podcasts to listen to
- Read books you own but haven’t had a chance to delve into
- Host a potluck dinner with your friends
- Give unused gift cards as presents
- Use unused gift cards as entertainment for yourself
- Tour your town or local attractions
- Go for a picnic
- Research your family tree
- Organize a neighborhood party
- Learn to take better photos on your phone
- Find free classes online or watch TED talks
- Digitize your old photos
- Have a date night at home
- Try geocaching
- Make handmade cards
- Do yoga or meditate
- Call an old friend
- Learn a foreign language with a service like Duolingo
- Give baked good as gifts
- Take on small home maintenance tasks
- Do jigsaw puzzles
- Get involved in your community or church
- Work out at home or find ways to exercise in nature
- Start a journal
- Help a neighbor or friend
- Have a spa night at home with your girlfriends
- Read blogs of interest to you
- Swap videos or games with friends
- Plan for how you’ll best use your savings at the end of the challenge
These are just some of the many ways you can find entertainment and gifts for free.
It just takes some outside-the-box thinking, and you’ll surely be able to add your own items to this list. Have fun with it and know you don’t have to feel deprived when saving money.
If you like this Challenge, you’ll love our other challenges too:
More No-Spend Challenge Articles:
- What is a No Spend Challenge?
- How a No Spend Challenge Can Change Your Mindset
- Tips to Set Yourself Up For Success With a No Spend Challenge
- Avoid These Pitfalls Before And During Your No Spend Challenge
- Creative Ways To Get What You Need During Your No Spend Challenge
- Tips For Dealing With Negative People During Your No Spend Challenge
- Staying Motivated Throughout Your Period Of Not Spending Money
- Dealing With Emergency Purchases During Your No Spend Challenge
- Important Advice For Dealing With The End Of Your No Spend Challenge And Beyond